Our History

Fire Trucks

Ball Tournment

Picture Gallery

Links
Logo
Home
Guest Book

Events

Patch Trading

Fire Safety

Contact Us

Our History

About the Hall

The fire hall was started in the 50's and presently has 18 members. We are well trained in fire fighting through the Justice Institute and Live Fire Training and in medical aid through the First Responder program.
Our boundaries are from half way out the Circle Route towards Port Renfrew back to the Forestry Camp in Mesachie Lake and out to our borders with Lake Cowichan and Honeymoon Bay.

We are always looking for new firefighters, if you live in our town of Mesachie Lake and want to join come to a practice on Monday nights at 6:30PM and introduce yourself. We pride ourselves on our professionalism and sense of community involvement.

Hall Sign

The small town of Mesachie Lake has been in existence for quite some time now. The Stone Family moved their mill, The Hillcrest Lumber Company, from Paldi to this site in 1942. The company used trains to transport the crews and to bring the logs from the woods, the logs were then sorted and stored in Mesachie Lake until needed. The original Climax No. 9 Engine and the Shay No. 1 are still operational and can be seen at the Forest Museum in Duncan. The camp office was originally built in 1917 and moved to the new site along with all 60 houses from the old mill site. These houses were reassembled piece by piece, today some still have their piece number listed on the boards.

Carlton Stone imported trees from all over the world to plant in his new town. The first fruit trees were distributed in 1944; by 1951 all other trees were planted, today some are over 100 feet tall. There are over 30 different species which are labeled with their Country of origin and names; a legend in the park illustrates the trees and their locations throughout the town.

The town of Mesachie Lake is named after the small, picturesque lake on the right hand side of the road as you drive into town. The beginning of town is recognizable by its rows of trees lining the highway and a large sign that reads, "Welcome to Mesachie Lake" sign. Another lake, Bear Lake, is naturally at the end of Bear Lake Road, this small lake joins into the much larger Cowichan Lake by way of a small channel.

The Mesachie Lake Volunteer Fire Department are dedicated to their community through local Easter egg hunts, Halloween fireworks and community projects. The local Fire Department has hosted a ball tournament and auction to raise funds for Muscular Dystrophy research for 28 years now. The "Group of Seven", as they have been called, have donated more than $500,000 over the years, to the research fund. The father's Day weekend has always been an excellent time for the revelry. Apart from the ball tournament weekend the town is a quiet community where neighbors still meet for coffee in the local restaurant and sing carols at Christmas.



Page Views: 6299      Site designed and maintained by Duckyness Network